Currently I am designing the new document rendering model at my work. For a week ago, we upgraded our SQL Server from 2000 to 2005. Now, to take advantage of the new features in RS 2005, I have encapsulated the functionality of the two main web services in an assembly that adds even more nice-to-have stuff.
What I'm aiming at is to achieve a high level of flexibility in our reports. If changes are to be made they will take place in the reports themselves - not in code. That is my ambition.
I'm really close to reach my own expectations, but it gets irritating when I see that a modern tool like RS 2005 doesn't offer the possibility to look inside a report and render separate subreport items. Specially when Cristal Reports does!
For the new rendering model I have defined "parent" reports that are nothing else than subreport containers allowing rendering sets of reports.
Everything works fine as long as I keep all subreports in a parent report having the same orientation (either A4 portrait or A4 landscape). If I mix them - I'm doomed.
I wish RS could implement a method that enumerates all subreport items inside a parent report allowing this way to render each of them as a single report. Thus, I could define a DeviceInfo parameter for those subreports that need to be rendered in a format different from the rest. Then, before rendering, I could read this parameter and set the DeviceInfo accordingly when invoking the Render method. Stupid simple!
By the way: the suggestion has been sent to Microsoft.
Cien años de una oportunidad (perdida)*
5 weeks ago

2 comments:
hola!
iniciando con Reporting services... tengo algunos reportes que deben ser mixtos, algunas páginas como Landscape, otras como Portrait. No se si pueda lograr esto con subreportes y he leído que usarlos implicaría un costo en performance y de por si los reportes ya son pesados. ojala tengas alguna sugerencia para ayudarme.
saludos!
[url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/ganardinero.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]Toda la informacion que buscas sobre ganar dinero[/b]
Nosotros hemos encontrado la mejor pagina web en internet de como trabajar en casa. Como nos ha sido de utilidad a nosotros, tambien les puede ser de interes para ustedes. No son solo metodos de ganar dinero con su pagina web, hay todo tipo de metodos de ganar dinero en internet...
[b][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url]Te recomendamos entrar a [url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/]Ganar dinero desde casa[/url][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url][/b]
Post a Comment