January 12, 2008

Sea Turtle saved

On January 9th, 2008 I and my family arrived to Stockholm from our one month long vacation in Cuba.

I was very pleased to see my parents, sister and other relatives and friends once again. And once again I could see that the Cuban government is moving: one step forward and two backward. Very sadly!

On December 15th, 2007, in Varadero, I was walking on the north side of the Hicacos Peninsula when I saw a fisherman holding a Sea Turtle.
I know that these beautiful animals often are captured and killed to be sold as dacorative objects. For that reason I decided to take the turtle from the fisherman and for that I paid 10 euros. After that, I released the turtle on the South side of the peninsula, near the Varadero Golf Club.

I hope the turtle will have a long and prosper life!


No comments: