I have discovered (lately) that Reporting Services has the capability of formatting values according to items' localization. So if you change the Language property for a table column or a textbox to Swedish, a DateTime value, for example, will be displayed according to the Swedish standard. So will be for other data types too.
By adding a custom format string to the Format property of an item, it is possible to customize the output format.
The issue was that I had developed a library with some classes for among other purposes, checksum handling. Now, when we are about to upgrade our SQL server to 2005 I converted all our system and user reports and replaced all external format calls by embedded Format calls or just by changing the Language property accordingly.
And the new library's core business is more restricted now.
Cien años de una oportunidad (perdida)*
5 weeks ago

1 comment:
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment